Looking to overhaul your customer experience strategyOpens a new window ? Artificial IntelligenceOpens a new window offers tremendous potential to manage customer interactions and significantly improve customer engagement. Let’s find out how!
Customer Experience (CX) is a competitive differentiator and driving force for a business’ success. For marketers, it is important to explore powerful opportunities that can drive improved customer engagement and interactions.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)Opens a new window is one such field that finds its applications in diverse industries. It has matured to use big data, machine learning algorithms, and can be unleashed to drive enhanced customer experiences.
Do We Need AI in Customer Experience?
Customer experienceOpens a new window can be difficult to perceive, manage, measure, and support as it is dynamic, contextual, and offers a mammoth amount data to mine. AI can leverage customer data and interactions to fuel CX strategy, automate the repetitive and mundane tasks of data cleansing, structuring, and maintenance, and help companies understand customer opinion for crafting targeted and engaging experiences.
How then do we use AI to revolutionize CX?
Here are five ways:
1. Data Analytics and Insights
A customer’s digital activities and interactions result in enormous data, which needs to be structured and mined to gather relevant insights. Efficient customer management requires a 360-degree view of the customer and her interactions, from various channels. Also, data from customer interactions such as customer feedback, service requests, response and interaction times, CSAT scores, etc. can be recorded and this information can be utilized to improve CX.
The role of AI in data analyticsOpens a new window and insights:
- AI data-unification tools make daunting tasks such as data cleaning, combining data, etc. inexpensive and quick.
- By assessing interaction history, AI tools can predict interaction context and aid in improving customer interaction(s).
- AI can sift through the data to determine customer trends.
- AI tools can help enterprises better manage customer data from disparate sourcesOpens a new window , and integrate them with existing data to extract valuable insights with speed and precision.
2. Improved Personalization
Personalization is integral to the customer experience. In the digital world, it is essential to cut through the noise and deliver personalized, relevant messages and content. Intelligent prediction and customization make the customer feel like she is essential to your business, thereby increasing engagement and amplifying her experience.
The role of AI in delivering personalized experiences:
- AI can use â€˜natural-data’ to delve deeper into individual customer behavior and purchase patterns, to perform predictive analysis and drive better engagement at the right place, and the right time.
- If AI is armed with business context, it can help determine the next-best action, by identifying touchpoints and tactics to shape CX.
3. Recommender Systems
Shopping experiences can be made easy and swift if the context of user search or transaction can be established. AI can leverage search history, location data, time (special days, dates, etc.) to determine what the customer is looking for and suggest shopping recommendations for customers.
This is possible if you have a mature dataset and heuristics for your algorithms, and you regularly run tests to measure their effectiveness. AI can also help improve product pages to present attributes and information most relevant to the context.
4. Customer Support
Gartner predictsOpens a new window , â€œBy 2020, customers will manage 85% of their relationship with the enterprise without interacting with a human.â€
Customer support has a significant impact on customer experience and the right AI tools can help you deliver a responsive, focused, and consistent support experience.
AI tools for customer support:
- Chatbots Opens a new window can be used to address basic customer queries, resolve problems, and provide efficient customer service. With several touchpoints, there is an increase in traffic flow and chatbots can streamline and manage this traffic with first-level interactions and route the customer to a live human agent to solve more complex problems. The key is to find the best human agents in your company to train your chatbots.
- Virtual Assistants can obey commands, answer questions, help shoppers find the right products, and engage them in conversationsOpens a new window .
- Self-service Agents can alleviate the hassle of customers searching for help-articles or navigating an online help center. AI, along with machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), and voice assistants can provide automated services for customers who do not want to interact with support agents or chatbots.
5. Simplicity, EfficiencyÂ and Productivity
Customer experience means providing hassle-free and quick interactions that add value to customers’ lives. AI helps you better serve your customers in numerous ways.
Let’s see howâ€”
- When routine processes are automated, operational efficiency and productivity in customer service increases.
- Cognitive computing can help you understand your customer base better. It enables analysis, aids faster decision making, and offers intelligent support and advice to deliver consistent, near real-time experiences.
- AI can help program bots to proactively deduce customer problems (even before the customer knows) and resolve them to provide experiences sans the hiccups.
As AI evolves, it presents endless opportunities to combine customer data to create sophisticated customer journey analytics, simplify customer interactions, deliver meaningful messages, and enhance customer engagement.
Human touch, empathy, and emotional intelligence will always be paramount to craft joyful and memorable customer experiences. Combining these human elements with the best that AI and related technology can offer will further amplify CX.