From flexible working hours to the use of online hiring platforms, a wave of tech solutions has changed the way HRs operate in an organization. Among all those technologies, one that has proven to lead the march of technology is Artificial Intelligence.
AI technology, since its advent, has touched every conventional segment of the domain. It has automated and sped up human resources processes like never before. Because of this, various it has landed among the top HR tech trendsOpens a new window and even became a topic for various surveys and reports. A real example of which is IBM’s recent survey where they showed that 60% of the CEOs believe that AI will add significant value to the HR department.
Amid this, if you are someone confused about how AI is revolutionizing the HR ecosystem and what AI trends will come into foreplay this year, reading this blog will be a profitable deal for you.
Here, we will cover different AI trends that are expected to change the overall experience of the HR world this year and beyond.
So, rather than beating around the bush, let’s directly jump to those AI trends.
AI Trends that Will Add Value to HR Segment in 2020
1. First thing first: Artificial Intelligence won’t replace humans at the job.
According to the latest AI technology trendsOpens a new window , more than 1.7 million robots will be deployed in the factories globally by the end of this year. They will take over a majority of the manual and risky tasks done by human workers. But, they won’t make the human workforce go unemployed.
As revealed by the Future of Jobs Report by the World Economic Forum, around 133 million jobs will emerge because of AI. The ones that will be related to understanding, analyzing, and introducing human skills like critical thinking, empathy, and problem-solving into the machines and preparing them for operating effectively with the changing environment.
2. AI-based software, encompassing human intelligence, will enhance the candidate experience.
The potential of Artificial Intelligence will also bring a major difference in the segment of talent acquisition.
It can be employed to build virtual recruitment tools that screen candidates among thousands of applications at the preliminary stage and save valuable time of recruiters, along with delivering an impressive experience to the candidates.
What’s more, these tools can also help recruiters with making informed decisions through their analyzing and evaluation practice. Something that will streamline and accelerate the complete process.
3. Cognitive decision-making opportunities will rule the HR domain.
The AI subdomain, cognitive analytics, will also help with making effective routine decisions and offer valuable knowledge to stakeholders in numerous areas. This includes:-
- Leave Request Management:- AI-based software and bots will keep a real-time track of leave requests within the organization and inform people about the probability of their application approval before time. And this way, prevent them from doing bookings and investing in related things.
- Mood Analysis:- The technology will also be used to keep an eye on the conversations over emails, calls, and other platforms to analyze the mood of the people. And thereafter, help the employee determine if it’s the time to take a break or not, which can eventually improve workforce productivity.
- Real-time Training:- In the traditional process, employees are given training just once and that too in a group. So, the probability of them missing out on any point is obvious. A result of this is that those employees struggle and make mistakes while doing work.
Artificial Intelligence, in this scenario, identifies those people, their requirements, and provide them with the right self-learning resources, alongside informing their managers about the possible training opportunities.
4. Artificial Intelligence will help with taking unbiased decisions.
Many times, hiring managers/HRs become inclined towards their favorite candidate and take biased decisions consciously/subconsciously. Because of this, they fail to meet the requirements of making unbiased decisions and delivering a healthy environment to all.
Artificial Intelligence, in this case, can help them with taking unbiased decisions in the form of psychological tools like the Implicit Association Test (IAT)Opens a new window .
5. The technology will increase job satisfaction.Â
According to a survey, only 29% of people feel satisfied with their jobs.
But, with the introduction of AI into the HR system, the ratio will increase. The technology will enforce methods that will bring more personalized activities into the account while eliminating the risk of ignorance and unbiased behavior, and more. A consequence of which will be higher employee morale and a better on-the-job satisfaction level.
6. Communication level will improve at an unimaginable pace.Â
In 2020, a steep rise will be noticed in the adoption and usage of chatbots. HR experts will turn towards these bots to solve 30%-40% of employee queries in â€œhumanâ€ tone; full of sentiments.
7. Artificial Intelligence will aid Rerouting candidates.
Another new thing that AI is bringing into the world of HR is rerouting candidates. Under this concept, if someone is not an ideal candidate for a particular job, they will be directed to another company or domain. This, on one side, will help companies reach the right talent tool easily. While, on the other side, will open new opportunities for candidates looking for a job, ultimately resulting in higher employment level.
As per the market reports, only 7% of companies are working with this concept. But, many more are expected to grow via this method in the coming two years.
8. AI will make the employee onboarding process effective.
As per a study by Click Onboarding, three-quarters of employees are likely to stay in a company for over 3 years, if they get a great onboarding experience.
AI-based chatbots, in this scenario, will guide newcomers with all the basic questions and make their first day comfortable, effective, and memorable in the new environment.
9. Better employee perks will come into emergence.
With the changing environment, a drift is being observed in the type of perks that entice employees. While organizations are already making efforts into realizing new forms of perks, Artificial Intelligence will help with understanding and delivering personalized offers in real-time.
So, as we have covered in this article, Artificial Intelligence is bringing many more surprises in the HR world in the year 2020 and beyond; making it clear that the future lies in the introduction of intelligent machines in the traditional organizational processes.
So, what are you waiting for? Explore the possible opportunities today!