Opens a new window
When asked about the top technology capabilities they plan to invest in the second half of 2020 and throughout 2021, CX leaders participating in Aberdeen’s latest CX trends and best practices survey cited AI capabilities and automation. While CX leaders are rich in VoC insights, 78% of them note that they struggle using this data to address customer expectations. The number reason driving investments into enriching VoC program through automation capabilities is fueling more intelligent / data- driven customer conversations.
The six steps outlined below help CX leaders maximize VoC program results through effective use of automation.
- Automate your VoC data analysis processes to reduce reliance on sporadic analysis of VoC data. Using technology to regularly analyze changes in customer satisfaction and sentiment data will improve your ability to observe changes in VoC data faster, and hence, shorten the time to take corrective action to minimize customer frustration.
- Enrich your VoC data collection processes by using chatbots and intelligent virtual assistants (IVAs) using automation capabilities. Firms continue increasing use of self -service tools such as chatbots and IVAs. Leveraging these tools to capture VoC data provides CX leaders with even more insights into changing client needs. It also helps gauge how self -service tools address customer issues and drives visibility into necessary adjustments to improve self -service containment rates.
- Use automation to design and execute triggered workflows based on changes in VoC data. It’s often too late by the time employees understand why customers stop doing business with the organization. That’s because there’s often a lag between when VoC data is captured and when employees analyze the data to take corrective action. Designing and delivering triggered workflows based on problematic scenarios helps firms shorten the time -to-information for employees to make more rapid and impactful decisions using VoC insights.
- Â Automate the root -cause analysis of VoC data to reveal the driving factors of change across the customer journey. Factors influencing customer satisfaction change over time. Automating the use of analytics to reveal root -causes of customer satisfaction and Positive sentiment makes it easier for firms to manage customer journeys more effectively.
- Â Automate the integration of customer data captured across all channels within a unified system. This will make it easier for employees to observe necessary insights on changing customer behavior and expectations without needing to use multiple systems to do their jobs.Â
- Automatically update VoC dashboards with recent insights. This will enable CX leaders with more timely and accurate insights they need to adapt to changing customer expectations and business conditions.
Opens a new window
Aberdeen Strategy & ResearchOpens a new window , a division of essidsolutions Ziff DavisOpens a new window , with over three decades of experience in independent, credible market research, helps illuminate market realities and inform business strategies. Our fact-based, unbiased, and outcome-centric research approach provides insights on technology, customer management, and business operations, to inspire critical thinking and ignite data-driven business actions.