Cheryl RodnessOpens a new window , Global Vice President of Revenue Marketing at UnisysOpens a new window gives insights into global initiatives, account based marketing, sales and marketing alignment and more. She says that she her marketing mindset has been facilitated by reading case studies to see how other companies approach challenges.
This is exactly what we set out to do in this article (just one of many in our thought leadership interview series) to let you, the reader, analyze what you’re doing to optimize your campaigns and shift from what does not perform well to component that drive revenue.
â€œWhile the concept of â€œteamâ€ can be somewhat clichÃ©, revenue marketing/demand generation truly is a team sport. It requires collaboration among product marketing, content creation, brand and sales. When everyone works together to analyze the data behind a campaign and optimize the elements that work, and shift from the components that do not perform well, the leads and revenue will follow.â€
- How Account Based Marketing can be approached by starting with Industry Based Marketing by knowing the industries you are targeting and communicating to the pain points and challenges of that industry
- Ways to use the â€œlanguage of a companyâ€ in your communication
- Due diligence on how and where contacts engage
- Marketing ROI and alignment â€“ looking at the difference between the leads that are marketing sourcedâ€ vs â€œmarketing influencedâ€
- How tying marketing goals and sales goals help align sales and marketing teams, especially for joint ownership of targets.
Read more about Cheryl’s application of marketing strategy at UnisysOpens a new window , a company that has been a pioneer in the computer industry and continues to serve the vital infrastructure and security of many industries today hereOpens a new window .