Hillery Hunter, vice president and chief technology officer, IBM Cloud, joins Neha Pradhan, technology editor, for a little serious and light-hearted conversation on why hybrid cloud is today’s business imperative. They discuss the shift in the outlook toward cloud technology, security in the hybrid cloud environment, concerns around managing cloud spend and training the talent, cloud infrastructure challenges in key industries such as manufacturing and financial services, the role of green cloud, and more.
- 0:00Opens a new window â€“ Introduction
- 1:46Opens a new window â€“ What is driving businesses toward a cloud-first promise?
- 4:16Opens a new window â€“ How a hybrid or multi-cloud strategy will allow enterprises to build more robust security infrastructure?
- 8:04Opens a new window â€“ How can enterprises and SMBs manage cloud spend, improve cloud governance, and train their resources in a phase wise manner?
- 12:25Opens a new window â€“ How can manufacturing and financial services benefit from 5G and IoT adoption? Which infrastructure challenges do they need to address?
- 17:11Opens a new window â€“ Can you share a customer experience where PaaS fits into the organization’s overall hybrid cloud strategy?
- 19:50Opens a new window â€“ Can you elaborate on the role of the green cloud? How can enterprises improve their ESG performance with hybrid cloud?
- 23:05Opens a new window â€“ After integrating open-source technology, where will IBM’s hybrid cloud platform go next?
Hillery is chief technology officer of IBM Cloud, responsible for technical strategy for IBM’s cloud-native and infrastructure offerings. Prior to this role, she served as director of accelerated cognitive infrastructure in IBM Research. She led a team doing cross-stack (hardware through software) optimization of AI workloads, produced productivity breakthroughs of 40x and greater which were transferred into IBM product offerings. Her technical interests have always been interdisciplinary, spanning from silicon technology through system software, and she has served in technical and leadership roles in memory technology, Systems for AI, and other areas. She is a member of the IBM Academy of Technology and was appointed as an IBM Fellow in 2017.Â
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, they are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 350,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, IBM is building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents.
AboutÂ Tech Talk
Tech Talk is an interview series that features notable CTOs and senior technology executives from around the world. Join us as we talk to these technology and IT leaders who share their insights and research on data, analytics, and emerging technologies. If you are a tech expert and wish to share your thoughts, write toÂ [email protected]Opens a new window .