â€œA lot of innovative products like zero-touch payroll, QR code based attendance, surveys, push mobile notifications, AI-powered bots, mobile learning platform, digital locker, digital onboarding, and many more can help businesses across the globe to manage remote work and business continuity.â€
Prasad Rajappan, CEO, ZingHR, discusses innovative ways to streamline business tasks remotely and how human capital managementOpens a new window (HCM) can be leveraged to accelerate this process. With over three decades of business experience, he shares how AI, machine learning, analytics, and new distribution channels help employers meet the growing expectations for improving employee performanceOpens a new window .
In this edition of HR Talk, Rajappan puts the spotlight on the ways for companies to verify the effectiveness of a module or feature of an HCM application. He also lists out the infrastructure to-dos needed to deploy cloud-based HR software that will help HR leaders navigate business processesOpens a new window during and after the coronavirus pandemic.
Key takeaways on how cloud-based HR software can help navigate remote work: â€“
- HCM applications play a pivotal role in managing the employee lifecycle managementOpens a new window processes along with keeping business continuity for the enterprises.
- Chatbots which are trained based on the ingested Q&As can be better equipped to tackle employee queries.
- HR tech stack providers can reach out to their existing and potential customer base to test the products and take detailed feedback before they do a beta launch.
Here’s the edited transcript from our exclusive interview with Prasad Rajappan of ZingHR:
1. During COVID-19, companies are looking at innovative ways to streamline business tasks remotely with ease. Can you elaborate with an example, how does human capital management apps help deliver remote work and business continuity solutions to businesses across the globe?
Currently, we can understand that more and more industry leaders are trying to convert fixed costs to variable costs. This is where HCM apps could play a pivotal role in managing the employee lifecycle management processes along with keeping business continuity for the enterprises in mind. Businesses across the world need to quickly investigate these aspects in the same order of priority:
- Business Sustenance
- Business Continuity
- Business Productivity
A lot of innovative products like zero-touch payroll, QR code based attendance, surveys, push mobile notifications, AI-powered bots, mobile learning platform, digital locker, digital onboarding, and many more can help businesses across the globe to manage remote work and ensure business continuity.
2. How can AI, machine learning, analytics, and new distribution channels help employers meet the growing expectations for improving employee performance?
- Artificial Intelligence: Robotic interviews harness the AI technologies for the purpose of assessing candidates through an automated interview process with no human intervention, capturing the behavioral data. Chatbots which are trained based on the ingested Q&As can be better equipped to tackle employee queries.
- Survey Product: You can conduct surveys to understand the current mindset of your employees it will help you to boost the employee morale and motivate them to give their best to meet the business expectations.
- Rewards and Recognition: During these times employees should be motivated with the recognition for the efforts and hard work they are putting right now keeping in mind the deadlines.
3. Which infrastructure requirements are needed in human capital management (HCM) applications to help HR leaders navigate through the coronavirus pandemic?
The top infrastructure requirements critical for any leading HCM that can help HR leaders to navigate through the coronavirus pandemic are as follows:
- Information security and data privacy
- Configurations and customization
- Seamless employee experience
4. What are your top tips for HR leaders who are searching for an adept HCM application? Can you rank them in the order of their importance?
Here are the top tips, which I think HR Leaders should keep in mind before searching an adept HCM application:
- Flawless upgrades and scalability
- Training and ongoing support
- Disruptive innovative solutions
- API and integration capabilities
- Recommendations for the application
5. Rather than looking for products that automate the existing processes, businesses need to take time to investigate what is possible with the new technologies on the market. What specific research should companies conduct to close the gap between idea and reality?
The best possible research to validate a business idea or a product is to test market with the target audience. The constant feedback must be taken and revolved back into the product for better results. For instance, HR tech stack providers can reach out to their existing and potential customer base to test the products and take detailed feedback before they do a beta launch. If the market loves the new products that solve their problems or ease out their current issues, then the product offering is perfect. The research can be primary or even secondary to get the product testing done. During such times, secondary research with the target audience is also a cool way to get things done.
6. If an organization wants to investigate how well the module for onboarding new employees integrates with the learning management system (LMS), what are some of the ways for companies to verify how capable a module or feature of an HCM application is?
There are several HCM solutions available in the market, however, enterprises should verify the capability of solutions by taking into consideration below points:
- Is the onboarding product/app seamlessly integrated with the learning management system?
- Can the induction of new employees happen through onboarding solution or app via learning management system?
- Can they be trained about the company’s products or services through seamless onboarding solution via LMS?
7. What’s trending in the cloud-based HR software space for 2020 and post COVID-19 that employers need to know about?
We can see that a lot of businesses are looking for QR code-based attendance, survey tools for employees, chatbots to address the employees’ queries, and zero-touch payroll to process the salaries seamlessly during these testing times.
About ZingHROpens a new window :
As one of the oldest HRM providers, ZingHR has constantly updated its technological prowess to deliver a modern and complete HR solution that is used by over 5 lacs employees in over 500 companies. ZingHR adopts an employee-centric, mobile-first approach covering the entire spectrum from employee recruitment to employee exit. It is backed by Microsoft.
About Prasad RajappanOpens a new window :
PrasadÂ RajappanÂ is a visionary and a thought leader. He is an innovator who conceptualized ideas before their time. A humble leader, he values his people and leads by example. He brings 25 years of experience into ideating thought-provoking companies.Â PrasadÂ is a Production Engineer and an MBA (HR, Operations) from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, (NMIMS).
About HR Talk
HR Talk is an interview series that features top people and talent leaders from HR tech and Fortune 500 companies who are redefining the future of work. Join us as we talk to these HR tech and people analytics experts to get in-depth insights, and some pro-tips on how HR tech can best work for you and your people.
Have some tips to share on how HR can navigate the business landscape with cloud-based HR software? Share your thoughts with us on LinkedInOpens a new window , FacebookOpens a new window , and TwitterOpens a new window .